Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shannon's Dunedin Thoughts

Art Gallery I see it, I’m jumping up with excitement we’re here!

Finally, yay!! Wow, it’s amazing. We are a wee bit early but that doesn’t matter. We go sit down for a wee bit. Round the corner is John. He comes and we go look at all the paintings in the galleries. They were magnificent!! Then we

went to another room while John set up for our painting session, we were finishing off some buildings that other kids had started. Then it was time for

our lesson so John took us into the art room. He took us through a couple of steps before we started our paintings. We painted with ink then dye.

Once we had finished we got a white crayon and a type of spiral card to make the back round look cool. We rubbed the white crayon on the paper and the spiral card was under the paper. Then we give our paintings to the parents so they can dry them.

Once they are dry we dye the back round. Then we put them on the drying table again.

After Samantha had said thankyou, we left to go to Discovery World, it was amazing and I had an AWESOME time!!!! I wish I could go again.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work Shannon. If I didn't know how to do ukyio-e after reading your recount I would know how to do it easy. The description was great. I really enjoyed reading it. McKeely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it is Adam here I really like your work it is very clear.
    I like it go you.
    from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon, I loved your art work it looks stunning also your writing is incredible.
    From Kiera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ......_(:)<-< FRASER SAYS COOOOOLLL!!!! GOOD INFO I LIKED IT ALOT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Story Shannon
    You forgot to mention Moana Pool.You completely tired out the 3 Dads in the pool by getting them to lift you up onto the sauasage, whilst the other 2 held it.No wonder i was soo tired on Tuesday night !!!!
    Nick Redding

    ReplyDelete