Sunday, June 20, 2010

Liam's Dunedin Thoughts

The trip

As we drove off the motorway, I decided turn around and have one more look at Dunedin where I had spent the last night.

When we were coming into Mosgiel 5 minutes later, I was opening my drink as we came over a massive hill and I spilt it all over my lap. When I was shifting around I found a remote on the side of my seat.

At last we came to our first stop the, (wink, wink), great city of Waihola. As everyone else plummeted off the bus I decided to stay in my seat. In less than 5 minutes I was asleep.

When I woke, I had the pleasant surprise of Adam shouting “Wake up Liam, wake up we’re in Balclutha”.

On the rest of the way home Adam, Fraser, Cameron and I decided to play charades… as you can imagine, this turned out to be a rather interesting game. When we had managed to pull ourselves together from laughing, we decided to be quiet and let everyone else on the bus sleep. This only resulted in Cameron and I sharing our most embarrassing moments.

When we got to Gore, we stopped at the big trout (by the way who put all the pins through its neck?). Wait! Hold the bus, big fish? I don’t think so - it was massive! Okay, now that we have had an interruption from the exaggerating, dramatic side of me, we only have the irritating, bias and random side to worry about. We climbed the rocks around the bottom of the statue; some of us accidentally fell into the pool of water below.

In half an hour we were back at home, and I must say no matter how long you’re away for, you’re always ready to go home the day when you are going home.

By Liam Fairbairn

6 comments:

  1. Wow that was an amazing piece of writing and my dad thought it had been done with some help from an adult! Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam what a graet piece of writing you really do
    have a talent for writing. go you!!!
    from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Liam, I Must say I am very impressed but not so surprised with amazing writing talent like yours! Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great description Liam!!!
    From Kiera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat work Liam I loved your writing it is really good!
    McKeely:-}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I relly liked all the humor, you are awesome writer.
    Callum H.

    ReplyDelete