Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Niamh's Dunedin Notes

DUNEDIN YOUNG LEADERS

On Monday the 31st of May, room 8 had to be at school by 6.15 because room 8 had to be at Young Leaders by 9.30.

When we finally got there we listened to some really good speakers like Matt Gibb, Nick Tuitasi, Alison Shanks, James Blake, Rob Harley, Mark Inglis and Dr Justin Vaughan. Matt Gibb’s speech was about the 40 hour famine and why he was raising money. He raised around $9000 for people in Africa without homes or food. Nick Tuitasi’s speech was my favourite. He spoke about when he was a police officer and some bad choices. They were my two favourite speakers. After Young Leaders we went to see John Neumegan and did

Japanese cartoon characters using ink, dye, pastel and tin foil-it was really fun. Next we got on the bus to the museum. When we got there, we dragged our belongings up 4 flights of stairs. We played in Discovery World for 15 minutes. After that we did People of the World Idol. Our group was doing Egypt. We had to make a song, a flag and an outfit. Callum H and I were doing the flag, Brock invented the song, Callum B created the outfit and Ethan was modeling it. When we got the box there was only newspaper, tape, colored paper, one pair of scissors and some felt pens. It looked hard to make the outfit. But over all I think we did pretty good. After that it was time for tea we had pizza Hut then we played some more. After that we set up our beds, then we tried to get some sleep and that was the end of a long day.

By Niamh

5 comments:

  1. Hi it's Brooke
    I love your writing and how you said you thought the people of the world looked really hard. Even though I wasn't there I've got a good picture in my head thanks to your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's Shannon
    I love how you talked about all the speakers it was amazing.
    I can see you worked hard, it was an amazing story to read I got a good picture in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Niamh great to see that you had a great time in Dunedin! You gave a good descriptption about Ukiyo-e and The Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved how you told us about the speakers at Young Leaders.
    From Kiera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coolo story Niamh I loved the detial.
    McKeely:-}

    ReplyDelete