Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ellie's Dunedin Thoughts

Dunedin

Young Leaders

2010

As I race into the theatre, my heart beating all the way. I push open the doors to where all of the other school pupils are sitting. As I make my way to my seat, I hear Justin Vaughan talking about what he does, which by the way, he is a Dr and CEO of New Zealand Cricket. Anyway while Justin was talking about what he does; I was writing what he said. Although it was a rather long time it, was still very interesting. Each and every speaker had their turn and, as you know, 1 of the speakers was Justin Vaughan, Mark Ingles, Alison Shanks, Rob Harley, James Blake, Matt Gibb and Nick Tiutasi. They all had something to say about leadership. That’s why the conference was called Young Leaders. I especially liked something that Nick Tuitasi said and that I really admired; it was be careful of your thoughts because your thoughts become words; be careful of your words because your words become actions; be careful of your actions because your actions become character; be careful of your character because your character becomes your destiny. I think that those words really mean something to me and that they will really help me later on in life!

By Ellie

10-6-2010

11 comments:

  1. Nice describing. And I think the line Nick said meant something to me as well. From Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used alot of diskription in your writting it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great Ellie I love the discripchn in your writing I think they will help you in later life. It is a awesome pece of writing.
    from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie
    I really enjoyed your work and it was really detailed.
    Also you thought really hard about your audiance and did really well with it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See ya
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, thanks everybody for putting a comment on my writing!

    From Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved ALL your description Ellie!!
    From Kiera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellie nice story by the way it had really good description too.
    From Kiera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool recount Ellie

    George

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing detail.
    Callum H

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your writing Ellie. I could read it a thousand times.
    McKeely:-}

    ReplyDelete