Monday, June 21, 2010

Emma's Dunedin Thoughts

Dunedin

The trip, well where should I start, he conference; the Young Leaders Conference –The speakers were James Blake, Dr Justin Vaughan, Alison Shanks, Mark Inglis, Rob Harley, Matt Gibb and last but not least Nick Tuitasi.

My favourite speaker was Nick Tuitasi because he had some really interesting stories about his life, there’s one line that I will never forget. Be careful of your thoughts because your thoughts become words be careful of your words because your words become actions. Be careful of your actions because your actions be come Habits; be careful of your habits because your habits become character; be careful of you’re your character because your character becomes you destiny. Next stop the public art gallery with John Neumegan. We talked and explored the art gallery and then we discovered the art room. We put on aprons and John showed us how to make the portraits. So I splattered some ink here and there and I chopped some pieces out and covered it up with some paper that looked like a kimono pattern. We used dye to put colour into there faces, after we finished he showed us a little more around the art gallery. We burst through the doors and saw the big purple and green bus with Jane the driver waving to us. We hopped in and drove to the museum, unpacked and went to Discovery World and played. We had tea then went to do a topic on People of the World. My group was doing Conga. Some other people were doing Egypt, Australia, Japan and Greece. We had to make a song, outfit and flag I designed the flag. After we finished that we went back and then went to bed after supper. My favourite part was the play in Discovery World especially the piano and the bubble machine.

By Emma McLeod

14.6.2010

9 comments:

  1. I loved your art work Emma! It was fun coming on this adventure with you!
    Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, go Emma, I like how you used lots of description and detail that you put in your writing. Well done, I look forward to reading more of your writing throught the year.

    From your buddy, Ellie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma
    I really really enjoyed reading your work I think you really really well!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love you described everything really clearly, so that the people that didn't go new exactly, what you were talking about!!!!!
    See ya
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma,
    Thanks for the encouragement! Take care and hope to see you next year at Young Leaders!
    Blessings
    Nick Tuitasi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your start, it has lots of detail. It is a great piece of writing.
    from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma. Yes you're right Nick Tuitasi did indeed have a very interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story Emma I loved going did you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Emma what a fantastic piece of writing to read. Nick was powerful with his words. Nice work
    McKeely:-}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the heap of detail
    Callum H

    ReplyDelete