Monday, June 14, 2010

Scott's Dunedin Thoughts

Young Leaders Conference

It was Monday the 31 of May and Room 8 were about to board our trip to Dunedin… the bus. It was a frosty cold morning on the way up, so we got some great photos. When we finally got there, we were rushed straight into the 2010 Young Leaders Conference; all the seven speakers were outstanding. The names of the speakers were: Allison Shanks, a world champion cyclist, Mark Inglis, the first double amputee to summit Mt Everest, Rob Harley, a TV documentary maker, Matt Gibb, a Studio 2 presenter, Dr Justin Vaughan, CEO of New Zealand Cricket, and Nick Tuitasi, a former Police Constable, plus James Blake, Sir Peter Blake’s and an environmentalist.

I thought that the message they were trying send was to never give up and then you can do anything. My favourite speaker was Mark Inglis because he really showed leadership by sticking at his goal ( to climb Everest) even when he had no legs, and to me that is real leadership. I think if you don’t chase your dream then your never going to be a true leader.

By Scott

8 comments:

  1. Hi Scott
    You were a great sport dressing up as our person from Conga! Thank you!

    Jo McLeod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Scott,
    I am sure that you really liked the conference and that you are already showing great Leadership at school. I hope that people will see what you are doing and follow in your footsteps.

    From Ellie!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a great way of writing. I love the details that you put in. It is great to see you remembered all the speakers names. This
    shows that you really appreciated the trip.
    from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats right you wont get any were if you don't
    chase your dreams

    Your classmate Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved ALL of your detail Scott your a talented writer.
    From Kiera. :)
    P.s I only have 2 comments so please post me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you wrote that it was a frosty cold morning.
    Callum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definetly agree.
    Callum H

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed People of the World. It took courage.
    McKeely:-}

    ReplyDelete