Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Callum's Dunedin Thoughts

On a freezing Monday morning at 5:30 I woke up and by 6:15 I was at school all geared up for a three hour bus ride to Dunedin. At 9:30 we arrived in the Octagon/ centre of Dunedin. 9:35 we were in Young Leaders, inside we heard Rob Harley, Nick Tuitasi, Alison Shanks, James Blake, Mark Ingles, Justin Vaughan and Mat Gibb speak about their lives, it was really interesting. My favourite speakers were Rob Harley and Nick Tuitasi. Rob Harley because it had a heap or humor with how dogs are both one of the dumbest and smartest animals in the world at the same time. My favourite part was when he said.”Dogs are really faithful, example: If you lock your dog and sister in a cupboard for a hour, then open it and see who’s happier to see you.” I also really liked Nick Tuitasi because he had some amazing stories of things he had come across in his life. And that was only the start of our trip. So read other peoples’ stories for the rest of the trip. I really enjoyed it. So I guess this is THE END.

By Callum H

4 comments:

  1. Hi Callum
    I really enjoyed reading your recount... and I am not surprised at all that you have remembered so much about what the speakers said. I had hoped that no-one would remember the story about locking a dog and sister in the cupboard... I must warn all the sisters of children in Room 8! What an amazing trip and an amazing class.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Callum, I really enjoyed your story about Dunedin I got a really good picture inside my head and it felt like I was in the story.
    From Kiera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you amaze me with what you can write.
    McKeeely:-}

    ReplyDelete