Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Inspiring Students

Hi everyone! I know I've said this before but... thanks for being such an inspiring group of students.

I loved hearing all your ideas using Socratic Questioning today Rooms 7 and 8. You are always able to see many sides of an issue and to use the Habit of Mind of Thinking Flexibly. You certainly showed that today!

I've also loved seeing the progress everyone is making with their blogs. You are adding so much that shows your learning. Remember to aim for correct surface features and check before you publish. Someone in our class did point out to me today that, because you are learning and developing in your use of blogs, that you would expect to see some errors and that these would disappear over time as you improved in your knowledge and accuracy. Great thinking Team and you are so right - another way to see development in your learning. Proud of all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Hughes

    I know I'm amazing. I've been thinking if you could of stayed longer and do all the habits of mind we could of had a memory challenge with the best prize in the world (I wonder what that could be, I suppose it could be you staying but that is not possible as you have made up your mind). That's all I've got to say for now.

    Andrew


    P.S. Found out any more good annoying oranges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Andrew! I don't know what to say. I am humbled by your lovely comment. I think it is one of those comments that always stays with someone. Very special indeed.
    I would love to stay too but I'm always telling all of you lovely people to work hard and set high goals - expect more from yourself - so that's what I need to do too. :-)
    I am so pleased that you can say that you are amazing because you most certainly are.
    Yes, we did find another couple of Annoying Orange clips for our Brain Breaks too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete